- This event has passed.
Got an idea for a novel, a movie or a TV series?
“That’s great!” says instructor Kate Montgomery. “Now it’s time to roll up your sleeves and organize it into a layered, well-structured story that’s engaging from start to finish.”
It can be all too easy to spend weeks writing away on a concept only to find you’ve gone down a rabbit hole and are miles from where you want to be. But a Story Map will save you that detour. It’s like GPS for writers: an easy way to stay on track and keep your story moving steadily towards its destination.
In this lively, two-part online class, which includes materials you can keep to reference later, you’ll learn:
- How to choose the right structure for your story.
- How to hook readers right away.
- How to use complex, surprising characters to drive a strong story.
- How to pace the twists and cliffhangers that keep us guessing.
- The essential ingredient all great stories must have.
- Why it’s important to know how it ends, even if that changes.
“Whether you’re working on a novel, a screenplay, or a presentation for work,” says Kate, “Story Mapping can up your game. Whenever your goal is to take readers on an entertaining adventure that leads to a satisfying destination, you can employ these tools to make your writing more professional and your journey as a writer more enjoyable and efficient.”
About The Writing Salon's Online Zoom Classes
You will be able to participate in live class meetings via Zoom videoconference. To attend classes, you'll need a phone, tablet or computer and access to the internet. You can participate in the class from wherever you'd like, whether on your living room couch or in your office. Before your class meets, you'll receive an email from The Writing Salon with more information about Zoom and your remote class. If you have any questions about remote learning, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live Zoom Meeting: Tuesday, April 25, 2:00pm-4:30pm
- Live Zoom Meeting: Tuesday, May 02, 2:00pm-4:30pm