Take Me Back to the Page that Shows ALL the Course Descriptions
Hello Folks, and Welcome!
We have no hard and fast “rules” re: which classes to take or which order to take them in. The best thing to do is read the descriptions and choose the class that makes most sense to you based on your particular writing goals and aspirations. If you can’t decide, narrow it down to three or four classes, then give us a call. We’re happy to help.
Whatever your level of experience, our classes can help you progress, produce and, most of all, enjoy yourself in the process!
Answers to FAQ
(also see our “About Us” page)
How much do your classes cost?
- Our classes range in cost depending on the length of the class. Currently, the range is from $95 to $395. The cost of each class is shown at the top of each individual course description, along with the dates and location (SF or Berkeley).
Where, exactly are your classes located?
- See sidebar under “More Info.”
How can I find out more about your teachers?
- There’s a bio for each teacher at the bottom of every course description. You can also go to our “About Us” page (see sidebar under “More Info”).
I see that you have a discounted member rate. How do I become a member?
- For a one-time fee of $50, you can become a lifetime member of the Writing Salon, which entitles you to pay the discounted rate forever. Simply add the membership to your shopping cart, then select the “Member” payment option for each class you choose. You can CLICK HERE to do it now, if you like!
- If you don’t want to become a member, select the “Non-Member” payment option.
How do I register/pay for for a class?
- ONLINE: Every course description has an “Add to Cart” button. Click that button to add your course selection to the Shopping Cart, then follow the checkout instructions. We accept Visa, MasterCard and PayPal. Our site is secure.
What if I know that I’ll have to miss one or more classes? Is that allowed? And can I pay only for the classes that I attend, or attend the classes that I missed at some later date?
- You are welcome to attend or not attend as many classes as you wish. We understand that people have busy lives, and may have to miss a class or two. Our teachers are prepared for fluctuating attendance. You can ask your teacher and/or fellow classmates to fill you in and/or give you whatever handouts or assignments you missed.
- However, when you miss a class, you miss it. We do not pro-rate the cost, nor do we offer makeup classes.
Can I pay for the class in installments?
- No, sorry. But you may want to check out PayPal’s “Bill Me Later” option (see our lefthand sidebar)
Do you offer scholarships, financial aid, or sliding scale rates?
- No, sorry. Like many other small businesses, especially arts-related businesses, we run on a shoestring budget. However, we sometimes do trades, so if you have a brilliant idea for a trade, let us know.
Do you have a refund policy?
- YES. You can read it HERE. Please read it, and if you have any concerns or don’t understand something, call us to get clarification before you sign up for the class.
What is your registration deadline?
- Registration for each class continues either until the class is full or, if not full, until the second class.
Can I show up at the first class with a check or cash?
- No. We must know, ahead of time, how many people are signed up because: 1) We need to know if we have enough people to hold the class (six), and 2) We have a maximum enrollment limit (13).
Can I call ahead of time and arrange to sit in on the first class before deciding if I want to take it?
- No. We have limited space, which is reserved for paying students. We do, however, offer course descriptions that are more detailed than the short generic blurbs you see in most writing course catalogs. You are also welcome to call if you have specific questions or concerns that aren’t answered by the course description. If Jane (the owner) can’t answer your question, she’ll put you in touch with the teacher.
How do I know if a class is still available?
- The course description will tell you if the class is no longer available (and if you try to sign up, your registration won’t go through).
If a class is full, can I get on a waiting list in case a space opens up?
- Yes. Send an email to email@example.com and ask to be put on the list for the class you want. Include your phone number, in case a space becomes available at the last minute.
–Take Me Back to All the Class Descriptions–