About the Prize
The Jane Underwood Poetry Prize is open to submissions through December 15, 2021. The prizewinner will receive a $250 award, publication at The Writing Salon’s website, and an invitation to do a public reading. The winner and finalists will be announced in March or April 2022.
1. The contest is open to all poets.
2. The entry fee is $15. This fee is non-refundable. We will not consider submissions that do not have an accompanying payment.
3. Contestants may submit one entry of up to 3 poems. Poems must be sent in a single pdf, doc, or docx file.
4. Each of the 3 poems may not exceed 80 lines in length.
5. We do not consider previously published work, which includes online publications.
6. Files should not include any information that reveals the identity of the author. Any entries that reveal the author’s identity will be discounted.
7. Simultaneous submissions are allowed. Notify us immediately if a poem is placed elsewhere by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Email and mail submissions will not be read.
9. All rights revert to the author upon publication of the poem.